WPL 2023 Match 9 GUJ-W vs DEL-W Dream11 Prediction & Possible 11 Pitch Report: GG-W vs DC-W Dream11 Prediction Today | DY Patil Pitch Report
Gujarat Giants and Delhi Capitals women will lock horns in the 9th game of the 2023 Women’s Premier League.
Gujarat won their last game by 11 runs after losing their first two games. Beth Mooney’s injury in the first game was a huge blow for them but they’ve signed Laura Woolvardt as her replacement and that should bolster their batting.
They have the likes of Sophia Dunkley, Annabel Sutherland, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Sneh Rana and Harleen Deol who can all deliver in key moments. They looked in good form in the last game and will look to continue the winning momentum.
- Location: DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai.
- Time: 7:30pm (IST).
- For more cricket fixtures around the world, visit Fixture Calendar.
WPL 2023 Match 9: GUJ-W vs DEL-W Possible Playing XIs
Sneh will lead the Gujarat Giants.
Gujarat Giants: 1. Sabbhineni Meghana, 2. Sophia Dunkley, 3. Harleen Deol, 4. Ashleigh Gardner, 5. Annabel Sutherland, 6. Dayalan Hemlatha, 7. Sneh Rana (c), 8. Kim Garth, 9. Sushma Verma (wk), 10. Mansi Joshi, 11. Tanuja Kanwar
Meg Lanning will lead Delhi Capitals women.
Delhi Capitals: 1. Meg Lanning (c), 2. Shafali Verma, 3. Alice Capsey, 4. Marizanne Kapp, 5. Jemimah Rodrigues, 6. Jess Jonassen, 7. Taniya Bhatia (wk), 8. Minnu Mani, 9. Radha Yadav, 10. Shikha Pandey, 11. Tara Norris
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Sohpia Dunkely scored an 18-ball fifty in the last game and helped Gujarat register their first win of the season. The English opener is an aggressive batter and likes to exploit the field restrictions in the first six overs.
- Ashleigh Gardner is not in the best of form but is a proven match-winner with both bat and ball. Gardner is known for her aggressive batting and is bowling the key overs for her side. She picked up three crucial wickets in the last game. Gujarat needs her to regain her form with the bat.
- Annabel Sutherland is a crucial all-rounder for Gujarat. She will do the late-hitting duties with the bat and is an important bowler. She scored 14 runs and picked up two wickets in the last game. Sutherland also needs to be consistent with the bat.
- Harleen Deol scored 67 in the last game and 46 in the game before that. She is in good form. Harleen is a talented batter and she’s scoring runs consistently at a good strike rate. She has scored 113 runs at an average of 37.67 in three games.
- Meg Lanning is the highest run-scorer of the tournament with 185 runs in three games at an average of 61.67 and strike rate of 146.83. This includes three 50+ scores.
- Shafali Vera scored 84 in the first game but she has failed in the last two games. She’s an aggressive batter and tends to attack from the first ball. Shafali needs to be consistent as Delhi doesn’t have a long batting unit. She can also roll her arm over if required.
- Jemimah Rodrigues has scored 81 runs in three games at an average of 81. She is a very talented batter and has looked in good form as well. She’s batting a bit low from her ideal position but she has done a good job until now.
- Alice Capsey has either contributed with the bat or with the ball. She picked up two wickets in the first game, scored 21 (10) in the second game and picked up one wicket in the last game. Capsey is an aggressive batter who can take on any bowling unit on her day and is handy with the ball as well.
- Marizanne Kapp scored 39* in the first game and 16 runs + 1 wicket in the second one. She’s not at her best with the ball. Kapp is a world-class all-rounder and Delhi needs her to contribute with both bat and ball. Kapp will look to turn things around in this game.
Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai Pitch Report and Weather
The pitch at the DY Patil Sports Academy will be an excellent one for batting. The ball will come onto the bat nicely and there will be plenty of runs on offer for the batters.
The pacers will get some movement with the new ball in the power play while the spinners will come into play as the game progresses. The average first-innings score here in the WPL is 173 runs and chasing sides have won two out of the four games played at the venue.
A warm and clear evening is forecast.
WPL 2023 Match 9: GUJ-W vs DEL-W Dream11 Prediction Today 11 March 2023
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article as well as your own instincts to create your teams.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Dream11, Fan2Play offers different contests such as 2, 3 and 4 player fantasy teams. Check out and download the app here.
- Wicket-keepers: Sushma Verma
- Batters: Meg Lanning, Sophia Dunkley
- All-rounders: Ash Gardner
- Bowlers: Jess Jonassen
WPL 2023 Match 9: GUJ-W vs DEL-W Match Prediction – Who will win?
Delhi Capitals will start as the favourites as they are in good form.
CricBlog is running a fan poll on the future of cricket. What’s your say? Complete it here.
- Future of ODIs
- Future of Tests
- What the IPL will look like
- and more…